E-newsletter sign up
Signup today for our Newslette and we'll keep you up to date by e-mail. More Info
About Mat-Su CVBWhat is the Mat-Su Convention & Visitors Bureau?
- Non-profit organization formed in 1986 to promote the Mat-Su visitor industry. Currently has a 10-member board of directors representing nearly 300 members, mostly small tourism business owners in the Mat-Su Borough. Staff: 4 year-round full-time employees, 6 seasonal, part-time employees.
- Our purpose is to strengthen and cultivate a vibrant tourism industry.
- The premier visitor destination delivering an authentic Alaska experience.
- The Mat-Su CVB is housed in the Mat-Su Visitors Center, at Mi. 35.5 Parks Hwy.
- In 1988, voters approved a 5 percent "bed" tax which became the basis for the Mat-Su CVB funding.
- Mat-Su Borough and the Mat-Su CVB agreed upon a "funding formula" in 1994 to allocate the Mat-Su CVB's share of bed tax revenue.
- The present formula calls for the Mat-Su CVB to receive 65 percent of bed tax revenues in the Mat-Su Borough.
Yahoo Mat-Su! Where Alaska comes to play
The Mat-Su Valley is your place for adventure. From flightseeing Mount McKinley to rafting the Matanuska River, excitement is right around every corner. Spectacular views abound, from mountains to glaciers to wildlife. Conveniently located 35 miles north of Anchorage, your Alaska experience begins when you get to the Mat-Su Valley. Spend a day exploring Hatcher Pass, test your luck fishing or take advantage of the bountiful hiking. The Mat-Su Valley - where Alaska comes to play!
You'll find a wide variety of lodging options to fit your preferences and budget. Choose from comfo...
View our online vacancy report.
Looking for an event to attend? Our calendar of events will give you many options to choose from.
Alaska adventure is everywhere in the Mat-Su Valley! Summer and winter you will find a wide variety...
Three mountain ranges... 2,000 miles of trails... thousands of lakes... hundreds of miles of rivers...
Choose from fine dining to down home cafes and everything in between. Many of these restaurants use...
Mark the occasion of your Alaska visit with a special keepsake that tells the story of your adventu...
Alaska winters are spectacular in the Mat-Su Valley. Alpenglow sunsets over Denali, winter ice fish...
Check out our brand new Visitors Guide!