Interested in seeing breathtaking glaciers, majestic mountains and unique wildlife you cannot see anywhere else? Ride off into Alaska’s wilderness with Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours. Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours offers Alaska vacations, packages and tours. We are locals that love to show our guests all that Alaska has to offer and what makes us proud to call this place home. Palmer area guided ATV tours. Wintertime snowmobile tours. See lakes, rivers, woodlands, mountains, glaciers, wildlife (moose, dall sheep, fox, bears, wolves). Tours: Half day. Full day includes meal. Overnight includes gear and meals.
- Breakfast Options: None
- Wireless Internet:
- Hours of Operation: 8am-6pm Mon thru Sat
- Seasonality: Year-round
- American Express
- Cuisine Type: American
- Hours of Operation: 8am-6pm
- Dining options: We serve the finest foods at our lodge. Anything from Burgers, Steak, Seafood, and more. You will love the food and we promise you will not leave the table hungry.
- Activities: Summer: April-October Knik Glacier Adventure: Our most popular ATV tour!! This one leaves at 8 am and returns around 5 or 6 pm. It’s a full day of riding along winding, wooded trails, river bed, and through river crossings; ending at the magnificent Knik Glacier. At the glacier, enjoy a hot lunch provided by your guide. On this trip you may see moose, bear, wolf, dall sheep, beaver, fox, eagles, and more. You will enjoy amazing views of mountainous peaks that line both sides of the valley - some rise 7000 feet. You will have spectacular views of Pioneer Peak, the pride peak of the Matanuska Valley. This is the tour everyone raves about! $395.00** per person ** Glacier View Tour: This is an ATV tour. We leave at 8 am, returning around 12:00 pm, or you may choose to leave at 1pm, returning around 4:00 pm. The tour takes you through some lovely wooded trails. It opens up to an area where you can see the Knik Glacier off in the distance. You will see some breathtaking views of the Knik River Valley. This trip is priced at $255.00** per person ** Fishing at Yentna Station: No ATVs on this adventure. This is an overnight stay at a remote cabin (40 miles from the nearest road). Arrive by plane. If you like to fish, this is the trip for you. The fishing guides really know their stuff. They are the top producing guides in the area. You can fish for Kings and Silvers in this river (regulations and limits change). All the meals are provided, and are quite good! The river freezes up in the winter and becomes a part of the Great Iditarod Trail for the Iditarod Sled Dog Race. Price includes food and transportation to and from the Willow Airport. Price is negotiable depending on group size and length of stay. $899.00** per person per night. Alaska ATV Expedition: This is an ATV overnight tour. It includes all meals and gear. We will stay at the Eureka Lodge and/or the Sheep Mountain Lodge while on this trip. This trip is catered to you and your group's desires. $895.00** per person per night. Winter Snowmobile Tours: November-April (subject to snow conditions) Hatcher Pass Adventure: This is a 3 hour ride on snowmobile up in the beautiful Hatcher Pass. It is dependent on snow conditions. You will look over the Mat-Su Valley while riding along groomed trails in the mountains. This trip costs $255** per person. Susitna River Trek: This is a 3 to 4 hour tour on snowmobile. Depending on snowfall, you may be “playing” in the Palmer area or the Willow area. $295.00** per person Arctic Adventure: This 8 hour tour takes you on the famous Yentna River - which is part of the Iditarod Sled Dog Race Trail, as it is frozen over. You would visit the first sled dog race checkpoint on the trail, the Yentna Station Roadhouse. We provide a hot meal for you. $429.00** per person Nelchina Glacier Adventure: This ride begins at the Eureka Lodge at mile 128 of the N Glenn Highway. We will meet at our shop at 9 am before we head up to Eureka. You will ride about 20 miles by snowmobile to the Nelchina Glacier. You will enjoy gorgeous views and fun snow. At the glacier you can ride around in the deeper snow and have a few snacks. After you are done enjoying the snow you will ride back to the lodge to have a delicious lunch/dinner before heading back to Palmer. You can plan to be back into Palmer between 6-8 pm. This trip costs $429.00** per person. Eureka Multi-Day: This exciting adventure will begin at the Eureka Lodge. You will enjoy all different sorts of riding available (trail, mountain, swamps) on this trip. We will tailor this trip to be exactly what you are looking for. This trip includes food and lodging and costs $895.00** per person per night. Aurora Expedition: We will take you for an overnight (or multiple nights) tour staying at Lodges along the Yentna River - located 40 miles from the nearest road (in Willow), we travel by snowmobile. You will visit the first sled dog race checkpoint on the trail, the Yentna Station Roadhouse. The Lodge sits overlooking the river. We will ride along the river and “play” in the snow if you want. We still stay and different lodges along the river. The number of nights you stay will determine how many different lodges we will stay. We provide three meals a day. $895.00** per person per night. Year-Round: Knik Glacier Side-by-side Adventure: We are very excited to announce our new year-round tour. What better way to experience the Knik Glacier than in an enclosed and heated side by side. This will be just like the summer Knik Glacier trip but is specialized for our shoulder seasons and winter in mind. This trip still includes lunch and costs $395**/driver and $295**/passenger.
- Age Restrictions:
- Any other restrictions: Drivers have to be at least 16 years old. Passengers can be any age.
- Reduced Occupancy/Occupancy Limits:
- Mobile Payments Accepted:
- Hand Wash/Sanitizer Stations:
- CDC Recommended Cleaning Procedures:
- Open For Business: